The Food Standards Agency on that old chestnut, reheating rice.

“Uncooked rice can contain spores of Bacillus cereus, bacteria that can cause food poisoning. When the rice is cooked, the spores can survive. Then, if the rice is left standing at room temperature, the spores will multiply and may produce toxins (poisons) that cause vomiting or diarrhoea. Reheating the rice won’t get rid of these toxins.

So, the longer cooked rice is left at room temperature, the more likely it is that bacteria, or the toxins they produce, could stop the rice being safe to eat.

It’s best to serve rice when it has just been cooked. If that isn’t possible, cool the rice as quickly as possible (ideally within one hour) and keep it in the fridge for no more than one day until reheating.”

The big problem occurs because fired rice is best made from cold rice (yes, I know we are floating into Pumpkin territory here).

Same website also mentions green potatoes and the frankly very useful knowledge that one and half tablespoons of raisin (ie about ten) counts as one of your five-a-day.